Monday 16 March 2009

**Breaking News** Scribble City Central honoured with Sisterhood Award


I am amazed and delighted to have been given the blogging Sisterhood Award not once, but twice. The first came from the lovely Mayra Calvani, who has come up with the intriguing blog idea of getting Amigo (her golden retriever) to interview lots of authors' pets. Unfortunately, my dandie dinmont, Willow, was only too glad to oblige, and has now spilled the beans on me in a very indiscreet way. I really love reading what Amigo's interviewees come up with--who knew that writers' lives were so interesting to the creatures in their lives? The second award came from Frankie Anon, whose blog, in her own words is about 'things--things that tell a story about life, relationships, society, culture. Things that are in some way significant, beautiful, historical, necessary, or useful.' I salute her wit and wisdom, and I advise you to go to both blogs forthwith and read. My own nominations for sisterhood are below--mostly book related--but then that's what I read and like.

Robin McKinley's Blog: Apart from being the writer of what is some of my all time favourite fantasy books, Robin blogs every single day, come rain, shine, fog, frost, snow or other natural disaster. Her wry humour, unashamed occasional grumpiness (she is not known as the Hellgoddess for nothing), knowledge of roses and green stuff and the most complex footnotes in creation are the reason that I turn to her posts first thing every morning. It's a whole other world for you to discover!

Fiona Dunbar I particularly love Fiona's Wonderfully Wacky Wesponses. The life of an author on the Front Line. High five, Fiona!

Liz Kessler Liz has been travelling round France, Spain and Portugal since last year in a campervan--and her blog is full of great posts about places I dream of going to. I am also in awe of the fact that she has actually managed to write amazing books while doing all this--and surf, and fly kites. You are Officially Awesome, Liz!

Bookwitch Ah! The lovely Witch! She sniffs out any interesting stuff that's going on in the children's book sphere, and writes bloomin' good reviews and interviews with authors too. Always something new to think about in here.

Candy Gourlay makes me laugh, is insightful and wise and cheers me up. She writes a really fine blog about all sorts of stuff--and books of course.

BookChildWorld Books, travel, funny stuff, being a writer, plot problems--it's all here and all great. Go Leila!

Emma Darwin I really admire and appreciate Emma's blog, and want to have one just like it when I am grown up. Fabulously erudite, and a bit like listening to one side of a really good debate on Radio 4, with added advice and stuff to make your brain expand its literary horizons.

Rhiannon Lassiter Rhiannon has directed me to all sorts of wonderful places I never would have discovered without her. And she really (no, I mean REALLY) knows her stuff on the book front. A goldmine of interesting information. At least it is for me.

Diana Gabaldon I discovered Diana's Outlander time-slip books when I was really ill, and have been an avid reader ever since, as well as unashamedly loving her main hero, Jamie Fraser. I enjoy reading about what Diana is doing--and her recipes are yummy. And I possess my soul in patience for the next book--it's worth waiting for every time.

The Womens' Blogger Directory This was such a good idea, I can't believe no one ever thought of it before. Lots of excellent women bloggers all gathered under one umbrella. Whatever you are interested in, you're bound to find someone writing about it here--and it's growing all the time. Sisterhood in action.

NOW! IF YOU ARE ONE OF MY NOMINEES, PLEASE GO AHEAD AND....
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.

2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!

3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.

4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

8 comments:

fionadunbar said...

Thanks, Lucy! Though I have to credit Candy for 'Wonderfully Wacky Wesponses'...

Frankie Anon said...

Lucy--Oops, just realized I misspelled your last name on my blog. Sorry. I'm off to work, then I will check out all of your nominees.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lucy! And you have just mentioned lots of the good blogs here, so I'll have to widen my search...

Mayra Calvani said...

Thanks for the plug, Lucy! I'll tell Amigo! :-)

Mayra

Anonymous said...

thanks for this, my imaginary friend! i am currently working and may be some time ...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lucy! I've put a post up just now.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lucy! I'm flattered. I have only linked to three more blogs on my site because the original creator of the award didn't specify a number of people to pass it on to. I hope that's alright with you.

Your Pod Pal said...

Thank you Lucy!

Sorry for the delay in getting here, I will be posting shortly about the award!

All the best

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Before the First Snow kit by Lorie Davison